These are the rules and conditions:
- It has to be a new application (for iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or, even better, all of them at once) not yet available in the Apple App Store;
- The deadline for registering for the contest is April 1st, 2010;
- The deadline for submitting your application is April 25th, 2010;
- Only one application per registered developer;
- The application will be tested by the Jury (composed by members of the program committee for the DevDays);
- The Jury will provide developers with the UDIDs of the evaluation devices.
The application will be judged using the following criteria:
- Usage of the mobile platform in general;
- Experienced quality;
- Visual design;
- Online and offline capabilities;
Do you want to participate?
- Submitted applications can be of any category, for example games, weather, news, finance, anything else!
- To register for the contest please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The winners will be announced at the conference in London and Geneva and at iphonedevday.com just after the conferences.
- The three best applications will be rewarded with an iPad Wifi 16GB!
Dev Day for iPhone is a dedicated interactive one day conference for software developers and business professionals who want to learn how to successfully build and market iPhone applications. DevDay for iPhone will take place at Dexter House in London, UK, on April 26th, 2010, and in the Geneva Business Center in Geneva, Switzerland, on April 28th, 2010.
Key speakers at DevDay for iPhone include Raven Zachary and Daniel Steinberg, experts in the field of iPhone application development and distribution. Raven Zachary, President of Small Society, who directed the Obama ‘08 iPhone application for the Obama Campaign will provide the keynote presentation. Daniel Steinberg is the editor for the new series of Mac Developer titles and the author of “Cocoa Programming”.
In addition, the creators behind iPhone applications including Stanza, Deutsche Bank, Tag Heuer and Starbucks share their experiences of bringing iPhone applications to market.