A small compilation of quotes I’ve put below the header of this blog during the past few years:
- No vemos las cosas como son. Las vemos como somos. (Hilario Ascasubi) - We don’t see things as they are; we see them as we are.
- Don’t be afraid to try something new. An amateur built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic. (unknown)
- Compatibility means deliberately repeating other people’s mistakes. (David Wheeler)
- Cuando uno se compromete con lo que piensa, y encima piensa cosas que cuestionan lo incuestionable, es de esperar que haya alguna dificultad. (hernún) - When you stick to your ideas, and on top of that you think about questioning what’s out of question, it’s likely there’d be some problems.
- The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. (Benjamin Franklin)
- Most people are fools, most authority is malignant, God does not exist, and everything is wrong. (Ted Nelson)
- sin incertidumbre no hay novedad, sin novedad posible no hay más que repetición y, por lo tanto, negación del otro como un ser libre: el ser libre es un ser incierto. (adrian mancuso) - without uncertainty there’s no novelty, without novelty there’s only repetition and, therefore, negation of the other as a free being: being free is being unpredictable.
- Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e. it always increases (Norman R. Augustine)