For the past 20 years there’s been this trend to give names to a particular set of operating system, programming language, database tech, and something else. Here goes a list with the most common ones.
- LAMP Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP/Perl/Python
- MEAN MongoDB, Express.js, AngularJS (or Angular), and Node.js
- SAFE Saturn, Azure, Fable, Elmish
- ELK Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana
- BCHS BSD, C, httpd, SQLite
- LYME Linux, Yaws, Mnesia (or CouchDB), Erlang
- GLASS Gemstone/S, Linux, Apache, Smalltalk, Seaside
- Jamstack static HTML
- GRANDstack GraphQL, React, Apollo, Neo4j
- XRX XForms, REST and XQuery
- PETAL Phoenix, Elixir, Tailwind, Alpine and LiveView.
These days of DevOps and cloud technologies, we have more of these:
- DevOps Stack
- PLONK Prometheus, Linux/Linkerd, OpenFaaS, NATS, Kubernetes
- SMOKE Serviceful (not just Serverless), Multi-cloud, Open, Kubernetes, Event-driven